Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Beloved Brooklyn

Today was my first official day at my new job in Brooklyn! It is such a great feeling to be working in a field you went to school for and being at a job you truly love! I know I am on the right path and I've worked really hard for this for a long time. My first day on the job and I was already writing letters to congressmen asking them to support one of the projects are firm is working on. I even went to New York City water and sewer board and requested ancient documents my boss was pretty impressed with my assertiveness and ability to get information despite their unwillingness.  I took the train to Metropark and Connor pick me up even though he told me not to get used to it! It's exciting but frustrating at the same time knowing this isn't permanent and then I'll have to figure out more ways to commute or move to the city. That's part of all the fun love not knowing what's going to happen next and where you wind up. My boyfriend picked me up from the train and we went on a very romantic date to our favorite local restaurant and afterwards he suggested we go bowling. It was really cute watching him Bowl and he is pretty impressed with my awesome skills. It meant a lot to me that he took the time to take me out on a Tuesday night and I really appreciate him making the effort to make my special day even more special because it was a celebration of our journey together! I had a lot of support and encouragement along the way and I will never forget those times he wouldn't let me give up. There were even times that he believed in me more than I believed in myself.  I don't think he knows how inspiring he was for me and he truly kept hope alive. 
To more great adventures in New Jersey and New York and in Brooklyn! May the world be as wonderful as you see it and may your path be as smooth as you make! 


No comments:

Post a Comment