Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

Today was a wonderful day where I really enjoyed myself and went along with the flow but also made decisions along the way. I'm kind of fascinated how long the days feel and how amazing a rainy Fourth of July sans fireworks can turn into a memorable summer adventure. 

In the morning Chimka and I went for coffee and we had a great heart to heart about what it is in life that we as women truly need. Well wouldn't you like to know... Balance. In every essence of the word. Balance in life love and happiness. Respect and energy.  I love meeting new people and getting to know them on a deeper level. 



I met up with Aunt Kathleen and Sue and her son. What a great guy and we turned what could have been an awkward evening into a really awesome time! All the parks were locked so we went over to highline park and dispersed delicious cherry trees along the way! I can't forget to mention the very american cab driver that got us there... 80's music which included BonJovi n Journey.  I don't think we were supposed to have fun or enjoy hanging out but I do believe you only have as much fun as you think you deserve.  Life is too short and every opportunity should be truly embraced.  I sat in my favorite bench and went to my favorite "new park" and shared this gem of the city on Independence Day! Good thing because when we got back there were no fireworks... Sometimes we have to be our own fireworks :)
I love that feeling when you can be yourself and this whole time since I moved here I've decided to only do things that make me happy. Laundry and dishes included :)  Before this beautiful day was over I snuck into the Vanderbilt for some Fourth of July watermelon because I wanted it! Afterwards I met up with my Chefs and we had a great fourth and fifth of July. I met some awesome neighbors and now I have even more local friends to hang out with. The world has so many opportunities and we just have to be willing to accept and embrace them. Cheers to our independence and to making wonderful decisions because we can. 




No comments:

Post a Comment