Friday, August 1, 2014

Creating and Being (Brooklyn)

I'm starting to realize how easy it is to get caught up in other peoples interests and how it's easy to loose sight of your own passions. I am having a lot of fun doing the things I like and they make me feel like I'm making a difference in the world or at least in ny or Brooklyn! I started volunteering with the design build team at the Gowanus Canal Conservancy and I'm getting more involved with them and I'm signed up for tree plantings during the week <3 We are building a tetrahedron out of bamboo that floats plants on the canal. It is an experiment to see what can thrive in the canal. I'm so excited to be a part of this project because it's a lot like the competition I was working on except this is real. 

I spent Friday with my roommate and we went for a run in prospect park and layed out on the roof and had a dance party and hula hooped! Later that evening we went to prospect park for celebrate Brooklyns BrazilFest. Saturday, A great friend from home came to visit me and we went to ample hills for a frosty treat and played catch up. Sunday, My cousin came into the city with her friend to visit me for the day! It was so wonderful because I was starting to get lonely in this big city of perfect strangers. I love when someone comes to visit you. It's their way of saying they want to be with you and they'd love to see you. It was such a special day and these little things mean so much to me. 















No comments:

Post a Comment