Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Weekend

I had an amazing weekend and I wasn't even in beloved Brooklyn... I went home for the first time since I moved to New York City.  Friday the thirteenth was a full moon and torrential downpour! Needless to say my train was delayed but I eventually got home. I was glad not to be doing the commute every day!  Saturday I went for a hike in hartshorn woods with a dear friend and mentor... Diane! What a wonderful time we had in the woods sharing our stories and my incredible journey of my twenties and how I am living my dream and doing everything I set out to do. It was nice to show my gratitude to the one person who really listened to me and believed in me so much through this journey. I couldn't have done it without dear Diane! 

Later that day Lena and I had a girls day relaxing by the pool  and filled with tasty and healthy treats, running some errands and homemade pedicures with honey-salts <3

We went to the Deutsch club in Clark NJ for their Father's Day German festival! What a great day of yummy food and PINOCHLE! Lena had to hand over her title of Miss Deutsch and Frank had his interview for their scholarship.  It was really nice to spend the day with my father and the whole family. Lena's senior quote will be "debatable" literally. We played 5-6 player pinocle and it was like a whole new game to everybody. I had an amazing time and I love that I was able to spend it with family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment