Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What color is the good tree in your heart

Today is the first day I'm living and working in the place that I love the most... BROOKLYN! I met my boss in Harlem to measure up a new greenroof project were working on. It was pretty hot on the roof and we both wore yellow to work ironically. My boss encouraged me to try something new today...so I went Scootering for the first time along the busy uneven sidewalks of Brooklyn Heights! It is so much fun and you get quite the rush. I got home at a decent hour and convinced my new roommate to go for a run in Prospect Park despite the overcast sky. It's three blocks away!!! And it started to rain as soon as we got there. Through the entrance and along the path through the trees then past the dog pond <3 the rain was pretty heavy at this point and we went to where we thought there would be more shelter... Silly us, it was an arbor open to the elements. Luckily there was a bridge up ahead where we stopped and chatted with an older gentleman who kind of resembled the grandfather in Jurassic park but 100lbs lighter. 

My roommate convinced me he knew where we were and where we're headed... He explained how we can tell where we need to go by where the sun was setting... But to our surprise there was a lake in the way of getting back home! It was a great adventure and definitely a great way to meet your roommates! 

Maria and I became friends online and we talked about all the things that are on our bucket list and all the fun things to do in Brooklyn and we put them up on the chalkboard in the kitchen! I've been waiting for this my whole life:) I'm embracing every moment whole heartedly and with passion and enthusiasm and with an open heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment